Web Papers 4: Multimedia Projects
Below find a catalogue of the fourth set of projects emerging from Computer Science/English/Film Studies/Gender &Sexuality 257, a course offered at Bryn Mawr College. Students are creating here multimedia projects, to explore a wide range of contemporary engagements in gender and technology: blogging, gaming, programming, remaking our identities on-line….
Take a look around, and feel warmly welcome to respond in the comment area available for each paper. What strikes, intrigues, puzzles you…what, among your reactions, might be of interest or use to the writer, or others in the class, or others who–exploring the internet–might be in search of a thoughtful conversation about contemporary engagements in gender and technology?
- Ah the wonders of oekaki...
- Anatomy of a Scandal: AmazonFail 2009
- Ashley's Multimedia Project
- Bryn Mawr: First, Second Life
- Embroidering Ubuntu
- Excerpts from a Tamriel Journal
- Facebook Mosaic
- Female Characters in Street Fighter
- Gender in our Voices
- How would YOU create your video game?
- Identity Crisis
- In Second Life
- Level Up: A Day in the Life of a Warcraft Warrior
- Metropolis Mosaic
- Michelle's multimedia project
- Multimedia Project
- Multimedia project-pwrpt by: Aline
- Multimedia Project: Cyberspace & Real Space Collage
- Multimedia Project: Technosystem
- Multimedia Project: Women and Tech in the Media
- Notes Towards Day 28: "Know Thyself, Know thy Technologies 2"
- Perspectives on Women and Technology From Around the World
- Raspberries, Reflecting Lakes, and the Google Image Labeler
- Reporting on The New Technology
- Shakespearean gender-bending
- Simple Questions
- Texting and Calling Avatars
- The Endless Dance: A Hyper(non)fiction
- The Immortality Drive
- The Internet Connection
- there is a perfect body, they say
- Video Games and Avatars: Enforcing or Breaking Down the Gender Binary and Stereotypes?
- Working Out the Kinks