Third Quarter Feedback
1. what connections have you seen among all the imaginative representations of gender and technology that we’ve looked @?
The themes presented in Metropolis, Watchmen and The Handmaid’s Tale all contain this sense of programming the woman to do certain things, the Machine-Man in Metropolis does her thing by causing the workers’ uprising, the Handmaids are basically used to conceive babies and Laurie is used as some sort of sex toy by Dr. Manhattan.
2. how do these works contribute to your understandings of gender, technology or the relations between them?
Men can even view women as a form of technology, since they feel that they have to control them to make themselves feel powerful.
3. any other feedback about how the class has been working the past three weeks, w/ all the small group work we’ve been doing? are there other things you’d like to be doing in class that we haven’t done yet, or that you’d like to do more of?
I like the small group works, some issues and ideas are touched upon within those groups. But sometimes the discussions are not completed due to time constraints.
4. what concrete suggestions do you have in particular about wordpress functionality?
5. what has your experience been with posting and receiving on-line commentary on your papers?
Posting has been going well.