Third Quarter Feedback
1. what connections have you seen among all the imaginative representations of gender and technology that we’ve looked @?
In all the books/movies we have looked at, it seems like we can never reach utopia. One person’s loss is another person’s gain. We can only reach abnormal/impaired utopia, or in other words, dystopia.
2. how do these works contribute to your understandings of gender, technology or the relations between them?
Even though we looked at worlds far different from ours, it seems like gender and technology are very strongly interconnected. It seems like technology can be destructive, if intended, towards gender construction/deconstruction. I noticed how in the books we read like Watchmen and The Handmaid’s tale, women weren’t part of the action much – it revolved mostly around the male characters.
3. any other feedback about how the class has been working the past three weeks, w/ all the small group work we’ve been doing? are there other things you’d like to be doing in class that we haven’t done yet, or that you’d like to do more of?
I really liked the small groups – groups of 4 seem just right to me.
4. what concrete suggestions do you have in particular about wordpress functionality? (Laura and Anne have started a log here….)
I wish we could find our comments more easily, the way we can find our posts. It would be great if, when we click on any person’s name, a list of the comments made by that person showed up along with his/her list of posts. I also wish the ‘Site Admin’ page was more user-friendly.
5. what has your experience been with posting and receiving on-line commentary on your papers?
They have been pretty good so far – no bad experiences.