Feeback for Third Quarter

2009 April 5
by Kalyn Schofield

1.) What connections have you seen among all the imaginative representations of gender and technology that we’ve looked at?

Every representation stems from someone’s interpretation of the previlant form(s) of gender and/or technology. We;’ve looked at gendered/technological socities such as Metropolis and The Handmaid’s Tale. Gendered/technological identities with online avatars and our disscusion panels. Gendered/technological practices with the Watchmen Comic/Movie.

2.) How do these works contribute to your understandings of gender, technology or the relations between them?

These connections I have made make me realize that it is is important to look at current representations of gender and technology closely in order to better understand alternative forms. The relations between gender and technology are multilayered but ultimatly brought together through an idea. Thoughts of the future (Metropolis) and thoughts of society (Watchmen) lead to two completly different creations that merge gender and technology in their own way.

3.) Any other feedback?

I would like to have another speaker come in.

4.) WordPress Functionality?

I had problems initially with loging in. It was almost as if the browser I used made wordpress malfunction….? It got so bad I tried resetting my password which created new problems. Ther than that I have experienced no other wordpress problems.