reading suggestions

2009 February 22
by aaclh

I have several ideas:

1. Read some of Isaac Asimov’s short stories (perhaps I, Robot) about robots. Isaac Asimov wrote a lot about robots. They were science fiction (he wrote in the US in the 1950s I think). His stories were very gender specific. Usually protagonists were male, married to women if mentioned. He had a couple of exceptions – the most memorable to me was Dr. Susan Calvin – a robot psycologist. Reading some stories that include her for this class could be fun.

2. I don’t know of any books specifically, but I would be interested in learning more about technology specifically geared towards women (some ideas: kitchen technologies, women’s blogs, toys for girls, clothes for females, sex toys for women, video games for girls).

3. It seems to me that we haven’t talked much about class (as in money, not learning). When I think of technology – I also think expensive and limited. Also – I would bet gender is class related as well. I am interested in reading about the intersection of class and gender and technology, but again, don’t have any ideas of what to read.

That’s what I’ve thought of so far. I am not interested at all in watching movies.

One Response
  1. February 24, 2009

Nice info and can give an inspiration. its interesting for my kids education blog in indonesian language. thanks